El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I love my '79 Elky Conquista but a nasty hail storm beat her up. Can't afford to replace it all, so does anyone have ideas for another way besides "Bondo & grinders" for getting the dings out. There's not too many but they are as deep as 1/2" or better, with some on the corners or edges of fenders.
About restored all the mechanical since '95 but need to fix dings and upholstry.
Any ideas about the ancient interior plastic moulding that's literally falling apart?
Would appreciate any solid advice or directions...

God Bless America..."sic 'em Bush"!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey what's up fellow Texan. I was in the same storm as you but fortunatley I didn't get the hail. My good friend and room mate does paintless dent repair and may be able to help you, but it will probably be a while because he has got his hands full from all of his dealerships that he has to go visit and fix their dents first. But let me know if you are interested because i can give you the number. As far as your molding, I would look into original parts group, the elcamino store, etc for some upholstery and moldings and things. They have all the things you need plus some. You may even try to go to Al's Atomic Pick u part in South Dallas. Great wrecking yard. Hope that info helps.
-Yoshi

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help...I'll check back later on your friend.

With so many Elkys around the DFW area I knew someone would be out there from the "holy land"! :D

I been thinking of trying my hand at working up some wood molding and trim for a classic look...we'll see!

Gotta try the junkyard but gotta be careful not to lose a day! 8)

God Bless Texas and the USA & God Bless our Pres.!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts