El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm debating if I want to attempt this, I have a complete front end off a 79 Cutlass supreme with the waterfall grills and found a pair of rust free doors from a 80 Regal. Just curious if anybody has a picture of this together.
I have seen the Choo Choo nose, a Monte LS nose and 81-6/87-88 Cutlass noses on Elkys but never seen the earlier nose on one.

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
There is a thread on here somewhere with the 78-9 monte nose and doors. Would be similar. Just need to rework the 1/4 panel lines. Or add the elky body line in a fade out from the back of the door to the front.
An easier conversion is the grand am nose or the bonneville nose. Body lines match the elky doors.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've seen that thread, if I do this I would prob smooth out the line behind the door.

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
Yeah that's the easy way but then what about that same body line after the wheel? It looks a bit out of place then don't you think? Maybe get rid of all it on the whole side?
You know what would be cool? If you could graft the cutty 1/4's onto the elky bed sides and cut away the rear edge of the 1/4's and gate to use the cutty tail lights. This way your wheel openings would match front to rear. A lot of work I know. But would be way cool when done. You could even go cutty dash, buckets, console, etc.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
The 78-80 Grand Am nose:

My planned build (about):

Doug

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
mine is the other way around with a cutlass dash and insides :beer:
id say go for it:texas:

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
That's how I got my body lines to match up, we cut up some rusted out monte doors and welded the body lines in the back to match

·
TrannyMike
2,807 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Thats a 76/77 Cutty front end,personally im not with the "single headlight" 79-81 gbody headers(composite junky:smileyb: myself) but if YOU likes them by ALL means DO it(in my best starsky voice:smileyb:) as long as you as mentioned above blend your body lines,itll look sweet and definetly be unique:nanawrench: take ALL knowledge/knowhow given from 83ss454,as he has done to his 5th gen what some when attempting these"mutations" leaveout or skip to a quicker finish,transformed his to one of the best made!(in my oppinion)nehoo get your tools,welder and patience up to speed and get that "Camino supreme" on the boards:beer:

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
74 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Instead of replacing fenders and doors, if you look carefully, this guy cut the fender before the Elky wheelwell, to use the Grand National nose and front portion of the Buick fenders. I'm sure you could do the same thing with the Cutlass nose if you think this is an easier way to go ....

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3329480/1984-buick-grand-national

1 - 16 of 16 Posts