I am interested in the housing for sure. Can you tell me more about it? Where did you get it? Width? etc? Do you think you could get it strapped down on a pallet and ship it to Florida?
I pulled it out of a late 70s Torino. Cut the leaf spring brackets off and cut the axle tube ends off so it was the same overall lenght as the stock elky.
I had billet ends (Mark Williams) welded on (ford new style) in a fixture and added "ears" for the upper mounts. It was bolted under the elky and squared, tack welded, removed and finish welded to ensure a perfect fit.
I also welded in a 1.5 inch bung on the housing top as an inspection port and easy oil fill. I added poly bushings in the upper ears and bump stops. I plumbed new brake lines and added the stainless flexlines on the ends to accomadate easy removal of the calipers without having to break "hardlines" when replacing pads.
Other than that, I rebuilt the entire third member with new bearings,Richmond ring/Pinion (3:50) and seals.
The axles are currently a 5x5 pattern. They can be easily redrilled to 5 x 4 3/4. In fact as you can see in the photo, if you have a drill press you could easily drill them yourself using the brake hats as a guide.
Thanks for the inquiry.