El Camino Central Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
513 Posts
The rocker looks pretty much OK in the pics. Of course, that's pics and not bein there. X2 on the hinges and pins and bushings if nothing else. The first part of aligning a new quarter panel begins with the door being properly aligned so that the quarter panel is welded in properly aligned,,,,,,,,, otherwise if the quarter is out the whole car is out because you can adjust the bolted on parts but the welded on parts don't re-align very well!

Joe

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Good advise guys, not sure if I will replace the front fender when we do the bedside or not. Most likely we will just be replacing the right side door and bedside, the current plan is to replace the entire bedside all the way up to near the roof line as I can get the entire panel from tail light to door complete. That will fix the rust behind the wheels as well. Depending on how that goes we may also replace the left side simply to eliminate some rust as well but it will depend on my sons budget at that point. Once we get started I will post more pics of the progress.
I do have a dent puller I am just trying not to use it till I am ready to replace the pannels as I will have to drill new holes in the panels to attach it and then have to fill the hole to slow down the rust.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts