El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully I have not really damaged my transmission.

A few days ago I replaced my MAP sensor. After putting the new one in I drove off and the car had NO power and was hardly running. I ended up on an uphill with the car only going +/- 5 mph full on floored...

The transmission did not downshift at all and I had to keep going crawling floored and pull over out of the way of traffic. I pulled out the new MAP sensor and drove off again.

Ever since the transmission has been a problem. It does not shift out of second on its own. I have to put it into neutral and then drop it back in to drive to get it to shift out of second [and into drive]. Also once on the freeway after doing the into neutral back into drive to get it out of second it takes a long time to shift into fourth.

Could I have blown a vacuum line or thrown the linkage out of adjustment?

Any help or ideas much appreciated!

·
TrannyMike
2,807 Posts
I'd say that the only thing you could have done is create a vacuum leak to affect the trans. I'm assuming that you have a 250 or 350 trans. Is your 1-2 shift later than before? A vacuum leak would normally affect both shifts. If you didn't cause a vacuum leak then the trans problem is just a weird coincidence and you need to have it checked. :beer:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts