El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While searching through my 84 conquista i looked under the passengerside seatand spotted a piece of paper i made a small cut in the fabric beneath the seat and low and behold a factory build sheet! my question is is where would the other build sheets on the car be located.

·
Registered
1 Posts
build sheet locations

i have a 1981 el camino and i decided i want to put buckets in it. so i let the bench seat set out in the back yard. one day i decided to junk it. i had to cut it up to fit it in the garbage cans. i found one build sheet under the passanger side of the bench seat inside it. and the other build sheet is in the driver side back rest of the seat. not the part your back touches but the very back it is like when you fold down the back rest and in between the fabric and the metal in the bench seat itself. not sure how to get to it other than cutting the fabric like i did. the seat was moldy and rusting any way.

·
Registered
46 Posts
re: build sheet locations

Inspired by this thread I just felt the back of the driver's seat in my 1984 Conquista. I can feel the paper crinkle back there. I have a split bench, and can unzip the zipper between the driver's seat and the center armrest.
I didn't feel that I could get the whole sheet out tonight without ripping it, I'll try again at a warmer date (probably only 20 degrees in my garage right now).

By the way, is there more than one build sheet in the car - and are they all copies of one another?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts