El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My 1984 Conquista was hit last week in the driver's door. The body shop will fix the door, but they cannot replace the trim piece. It is the piece mid-way up the door, between the top and bottom paint colors.

Does anyone have one for sale or know where I can get one? I might need the clips also that hold it on.

Also looking for the rear bumper impact strip and a gray driver's-side seat belt.

Thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Preferably new, but I'd consider used in good shape. Seat belt color is actually called "fern."

Thanks.

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,778 Posts
I do have some conquista NOS side moldings & NOS front & rear bumper strip !
PM me if you want a price ! I will tell you now they are not cheap !! I paid some good money for these !!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Mark, How are the rest of the mouldings, they look faded or sun UV effected? A new moulding might stand out like a sore thumb,.. check the others first, see if it'll match. Seat belt in colors, either try OPGI, or Eckler's Chevy in Macon, Ga. Again, nothing will be cheap. - George

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mark, How are the rest of the mouldings, they look faded or sun UV effected? A new moulding might stand out like a sore thumb,.. check the others first, see if it'll match. Seat belt in colors, either try OPGI, or Eckler's Chevy in Macon, Ga. Again, nothing will be cheap. - George
I was thinking the same thing, George! All the trim is kind of faded looking, so faded would probably be better than new. If not, I'd have to polish all the old trim to match! I just don't want any dings or dents....already have that!

Mark

·
Registered
148 Posts
Amazing coincidence!

I spent all day today sorting thru all my trim pieces from my 5th gens. I was sure I had a complete set of trim for the two tone and realized after I layed it all out I had two driver side door pieces and no passenger side. Man was I pissed that I didn't have a complete set! A few hours later, after further sorting, I found the PS piece. Was I ever happy! So two hours later I read this post and almost fall off the chair laughing.

I will sell you a "very good" driver quality drivers side piece for $25 plus shipping. It's not in perfect condition, but it is straight with no dings. Here's a few photos I just took. The closeup I'm holding is the DS piece that you are asking about. I'll be advertising all the trim in a week or so. This is all original stainless trim not the repop aluminum stuff.

Mike

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts