El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an almost-complete burgundy dash from a long-gone 84 Elky for sale. Has two cracks, one each side of the heater-radio center at the top, but no missing pieces, and one place is peeling in the corner at the windshield. The metal radio bracket has been butchered. I believe I have the woodgrain radio-heater control bezel and under-steering column panel but will have to look for them; but if not, I'll include the painted gray bezel shown (which has also been butchered slightly for a larger radio). Glove box and ash tray are included as well as the entire underdash wiring harness including fusebox which, although missing some tape on the wiring harness on the driver's side, is not cut anywhere that I can find. The harness was not butchered for whatever radio the PO had installed. This 229 V6 automatic Elky had an ECM (which is also available) so the VSS with speed sensor for the speedo is mounted on the dash. Original chime module is still mounted. There are no radio speakers mounted in it but the speaker connectors are in the harness. It looks somewhat dirty although I've spent several hours trying to clean it up. I may be able to come up with the original mounting hardware but would have to hunt for it. Shipping this would be a major headache as I no longer have access to large boxes or packing material, and it would be over 4 feet long although not very heavy, I'd guess around 40 lbs. $250 OBO in southwestern CT, zip 06776, shipping would be extra. I can deliver within a reasonable distance for gas money.

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any offers? I'd like to get this out of my way ASAP.

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ttt

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Well its going to need a dash cover, a good one about 120 or so, when its out is a good time to cover it,i would do $ 125.00 plus shipping or horse trade for a good set of bed rails i have , would rather make a trade .:texas: i have stuff You have stuff !!

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
I'll tell you how I had mine shipped to me. Build a wooden frame, wrapp the dash in bubble wrap, tack broken down cardboard boxes on it. Think it was less than $50 from just about as far away as you are. Mine didn't have cracks, but then didn't have the wiring harness. I'd rather have no cracks, 'cause my harness was good.:smileyb:

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The wooden frame "box" is a good idea, I'll probably do that if I have to ship it.. But I think $50 for shipping, no matter the distance, is wishful thinking these days. I just assumed a 60"L x 24"W x 20"D box, 50 lbs total (would need lots of packing and such a box won't be very light, either), and UPS ground is $222.71 to Texas. In the not-so-olden days, it was a LOT cheaper.

I'd buy dashes all day long if they were only $50 and in decent shape with intact harness. And no, I'm not into trading, I want to get rid of all the extra parts I already have.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts