El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to post this image of my GM Invoice that I received ($50) but worth it! I have the recert decal in the door jam and didn't really question whether or not I had a Choo Choo, however this invoice is the icing on the cake as the ship to address is CCC. I wanted to post this since there are several RPO codes in the list for reference. It seems that almost all the options were ordered on this car. This is also a Mexican built car, so even though I have not found a build sheet I know have the invoice:banana:.

Here is the Invoice:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Thats awesome! How did you get that? What information did you need to provide them with?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Thanks of the link man! I have to do this for myself and see what comes up.

·
Administrator
7,008 Posts
If you haven't seen it.............

For all those Choo Choo owners following this post, please submit photos of your Choo Choo Custom El Caminos for a special issue "Choo Choo El Caminos of the NECOA". If I can get at least 13 Choo Choo submissions of good quality and composure, we'll put that calendar issue out for the 2018 calendar year (next year). The required ID information (complete name, user name, Hometown & State, and year, make & model) MUST accompany the entries, and the photos are due bySeptember 1, 2018..................Ken

·
Registered
137 Posts
If I can get at least 13 Choo Choo submission of good quality and composure, we'll put that calendar issue out for the 2018 calendar year (next year).
Hey Ken, what's the resolution requirement of a submission?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
F5, you were very fortunate then. The ordering of the invoice is always quick especially with a credit card but I never got the invoice that quick. I have obtained 3 invoices now and each time it takes them a week to two weeks for me to receive the invoice. They had told me that the invoices are stored in file cabinets and they have to track down the one that is ordered and then scan the item as well as any supporting documents they can find. They will then email the documents or snail mail them back to you, your choice. Each time I have received a copy of the invoice, my receipt, that year model info packet, and VIN decoder.

·
Administrator
7,008 Posts
Modified Submission Close Date

I have modified the closing date for photo submissions to September 1, 2017. All photo submissions must be received by midnight on that date.................Ken

·
Registered
137 Posts
F5, you were very fortunate then. The ordering of the invoice is always quick especially with a credit card but I never got the invoice that quick.
Oops! Phillip that wasn't my post that was @Chris_Nelson's post!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
This is also a Mexican built car, so even though I have not found a build sheet I know have the invoice:banana:.
The former owner of mine had the headliner replaced. I believe they found my build sheet above it.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
85 choo choo GM Invoice

CCC verified: 1983s - 9 by build sheets; 1984-87, 376 by recert decals. lowest decal found is #003, and highest is #2269. info from my CCC data base.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you Arthur for the current stats. I was wondering where things were at with the CCC registry. I just picked up a 1983 CCC over the weekend and am currently trying to find proof as of course the recert decal is not there. So have any of the 9 in your registry found anything on an invoice or have they all been proven only by the build sheet? I just ordered the Invoice for the 83, have not found a build sheet yet.
Also could we quickly list all of the known build sheet locations?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Arthur, also curious about #003, I am assuming that it is a 1984. So this would change the original theory that 23 were done in 1983, to an unknown amount, correct?

·
Registered
599 Posts
what struck me looking at this invoice is the price back in 85 (12k) is about the current selling price for a nice 1985 SS Choo Choo in today's dollar. Rarely, you see a car/truck that doesnt lose any value in 32 years. That is a testament to the El Camino breed......:beer:

Robert Jordan
Winnsboro Texas

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
85 choo choo GM Invoice

The pic of decal #003 is not very good. I can't make out the 6 digit VIN. So all I have in my data base is 9 1983 units verified by build sheets. Gm usually stopped accepting orders on year models in July/Aug.

#008 was made in January 1984.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
85 choo choo GM Invoice

Locations I have seen posted on here are top of gas tank, above headliner, under seat.

·
Registered
137 Posts
what struck me looking at this invoice is the price back in 85 (12k) is about the current selling price for a nice 1985 SS Choo Choo in today's dollar. Rarely, you see a car/truck that doesnt lose any value in 32 years. That is a testament to the El Camino breed......:beer:
But you have to adjust for inflation to understand what $12,360 in 1985 dollars translates to in today's money. If you run the model, there was approximately 127.7% inflation between 1985 to today, meaning that the $12,360 you would have spent to buy this El Camino in 1985 would be worth $28,138 in today's market (2017). Interestingly enough, that's about what a brand new 2017 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab would cost you today ($28,205). Economics is fascinating.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts