El Camino Central Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Even adjusting for inflation, you can take that 28K Sierra and fully option it up and easily turn it into a 55K truck. What is interesting about the pricing in 1985 is that the options were quite cheap. Look at the F41 suspension upgrade ($16), how can you beat that. So this car has almost every option offered and that only slightly raised the MSRP whereas a car today can almost double in price when adding in all the options.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
To compare those prices with my 86 , go to forums ,rpo codes , It's official it's a 86SS Z17 , post #10 & check out my invoice from 2013 , the 2 hour invoice .

·
Registered
599 Posts
Yeh, I didnt take into consideration for inflation. Another striking note: I had the sticker price sheet from my 1972 gran torino sport with 351C. it was 3200.00 back then. So in 10 years, the price of cars went up by 4X!! WOw.....

Another interesting thing on that invoice: I didnt see where they charged extra for the SS option. Was it included in the base price?

Robert Jordan
Winnsboro Texas

·
Registered
993 Posts
I think the cruck would come with a second window sticker that showed the Choo Choo conversion and a final total price. I've seen that on a lot of occasions to denote aftermarket conversions, dealer custom work, and the dreaded 'market price adjustment' or 'ADP' (additional dealer profit) added to high demand new cars.
Patrick

21 - 26 of 26 Posts