El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to check in and get some second opinions before I dive in and start disassembling/repairing the AC harness/conductor.

Facts: I have the dash out of my EC currently as I was previously working on some issues related to the vacuum motors and correct vacuum, etc (those issues related to the vacuum motors for the various HVAC doors has been fully and completely resolved but I still have not put the dash back in). I have checked the AC system and there is indeed plenty of R134a in the system but the system is not working.

Specifically, my problem is that I have 12v power at the following points (with blower and key on): i.) AC fuse; ii.) on brown wire into AC control head; iii.) on light green wire on AC control head when "MAX" and "NORM" are selected; and iv.) ouput of 6 cavity connector on right side under dash adjacent to plenum. AND NO 12V power at the AC pressure cycling switch or the AC compressor clutch (with blower on) under the hood.

As far as I can tell the 12V power flow for the AC clutch goes from the A/C control head on the light green wire to pressure cycling switch's light green wire with a 6 cavity connector on right side under dash in between. Obviously this light green wire and others (along with two vacuum lines) travel through the firewall bulkhead to reach the AC pressure cycling switch. I have tried to inspect this harness and it appears intact.

My conclusion (so far): There is a break or open in the light green conductor between ouput of 6 cavity connector on right side of dash and the AC pressure cycling switch.

Please le me know your thoughts and whether I have missed something. Your input would be greatly appreciated/

·
Registered
335 Posts
With the switch in the run position and the A/C controls in MAX, NORM, BI-LEVEL, or DEF you should have 12V at the pressure cycling switch on the LT. GREEN wire. If you do not there is a problem either with the 25A A/C fuse, the brown wire from the fuse to the control head, mode selector switch problem, or a open in the light green wire between the mode selector switch and the cycling switch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts