El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So thought I’d post a pic since it’s been a min. So I finally got my car tag after a few loops through the DMV. I ended up installing a new 305 with rebuilt stock carb, and everything else is pretty much new from brake booster, hose lines, belts, plugs, distrib,alt, water pump, termstat, radiator, 12v bat, electric lines redone, front suspension redone, 2inch drop spin, bags, joints, sway up/lower cont arm bush, and rear 3 inch drop springs, 1985 corvette mirrors and found a 6 piece ground effect kit on Craigslist for $60……..still needs a/c, interior, paint and 100 other things but it’s all in the works.

Attachments

·
Deputy Regional Director, Region 13
5,283 Posts
I always liked those original wheels better than some aftermarket wheels. Gonna paint it nice glossy black and get a blacked-out grill to match?

·
Premium Member
9,813 Posts
You have a very beautiful 85 El Camino. You have did an awesome job, on it. Have fun and enjoy.

·
Premium Member
5,171 Posts
It looks good.
With a 3 inch drop and lower aero package, are you having problems with speedbumps?

I would keep the shiny grill. The black behind the grill plus the thin shiny lines goes well with the wheels.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It looks good.
With a 3 inch drop and lower aero package, are you having problems with speedbumps?

I would keep the shiny grill. The black behind the grill plus the thin shiny lines goes well with the wheels.
When I air it out all the way, it’s non drivable unless it straight and at very slow speed, but once I air it up, it’s like driving a monster truck. I’ll post a photo later today

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I always liked those original wheels better than some aftermarket wheels. Gonna paint it nice glossy black and get a blacked-out grill to match?
I like them to, i want to repaint it black once it s all done but, I never really been a fan of the black grill because it seems plane to me…….unless I see photos that will convince me otherwise.

·
Deputy Regional Director, Region 13
5,283 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
I like them to, i want to repaint it black once it s all done but, I never really been a fan of the black grill because it seems plane to me…….unless I see photos that will convince me otherwise.
Found your post by the way. to much beer I think last night! I blacked out my grill because the chrome was peeling and I wanted to see what it looked like before I bought a new chrome one.

·
Registered
79 Posts
So thought I’d post a pic since it’s been a min. So I finally got my car tag after a few loops through the DMV. I ended up installing a new 305 with rebuilt stock carb, and everything else is pretty much new from brake booster, hose lines, belts, plugs, distrib,alt, water pump, termstat, radiator, 12v bat, electric lines redone, front suspension redone, 2inch drop spin, bags, joints, sway up/lower cont arm bush, and rear 3 inch drop springs, 1985 corvette mirrors and found a 6 piece ground effect kit on Craigslist for $60……..still needs a/c, interior, paint and 100 other things but it’s all in the works. View attachment 139707 View attachment 139708
I like the looks of your ride with the ground effects. Is there a piece that goes along the bottom of the door?

Greg

·
Deputy Regional Director, Region 6
1,393 Posts
I like the black look
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

1 - 14 of 14 Posts