El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ok well while I was driving my headlight stop workin parking lights are fine bReak lights are fine went to put blinker on headlights powered on. Now headlights are not working at all . Please help any suggestions on what the problem Might be any help is much appreciated thanks

·
Registered
12,536 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,026 Posts
Sounds like bad grounds. follow the wires off the head lights and you will see a black wire from each one. they go over to the radiator support to make the ground connection. Also run a wire from the core support over to the frame or engine somewhere to make sure it is grounded.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you so much for the welcoming replys. I bought my El Camino from someone that had it sitting for many years once I cleared out all the spiders and webs lucky the car ran but not very well. My grandfather is a retired GM motors mechanic age is taking its toll an wish he would move back to California. He advice to me was my 85 El Camino is a great ride and that cars were made simpler back then and any maintenance I could do my self & have managed to . I'm tackeling the head light issue tomorrow. Thanks for the welcoming's I'm happy to be herebowtie smilebowtie smilebowtie smile Thank you for taking the time & acknowledging my cry for help. I'll keep ya'll posted on my outcome

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.