El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 85' elky with a 305. my AC used to work perfect but at the begining of the summer it started messing up. my AC blows air but its not too cold. and it doesnt even blow air all the way too me i was wondering what the problem was and how much it is to fix or what to check before i take it in to get it fixed?

·
Vendor
4,363 Posts
Sounds like you probably have at least two different problems.
One being a low refrigerant charge or component failure, and the other an air flow distribution problem. A/C systems are much too complicated to try to diagnose over the internet, especially with little information.
Needed information would be outside temperature, low and high side pressure readings, outlet temperature as well as cooling system condition.
My advise to you would be to take your ride to an auto a/c shop for a check out. Most a/c specialty shops do not charge for an estimate, and if they do, it will be worth the few bucks they charge to know what is wrong with the system and how much to repair. A lot of times, poor cooling is an indication of a low refrigerant charge. Your air flow problem could be a weak motor, a vacuum supply issue, wiring problem, or an air distribution box problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts