El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the new proud owner of an 85 Elky SS (my first) and need some help from any experts here! Although the car is extremely clean with only 52,000 original miles on it, it is in desperate need of restoration. I've decided to tear it down and do a custom build from the frame up. Nothing too severe on the exterior, but I do want to make the interior something special. It has buckets as well as the center console, but I am going to replace a few things. Are there any other center consoles that fit the 85 without a tremendous amount of modification? Maybe from a newer S10 Blazer or something of that nature? Also, if anyone can suggest any shops that handle custom upohlstery (and maybe any other resources for custom Elky parts). I'll keep y'all posted from start to finish, but right now I'm just starting to map out and plan everything. Wish me luck! (I've been building custom bikes for the last 12 years, but this is my first custom build on something with more than 2 wheels....lol)

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Take a look in my gallery at my interior. The guy did a great job upolstering the dash. I can recommend a person in the north florida area that is good.

BTW- the entire interior is for sale.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I pulled a center console from a 93 firebird, and it fits like it was meant to be there, the lines of the front slide ride up and flush under the radio bezel area. I have only done a test fit and it isn't mounted in there yet, and don't have pics of it in there yet, but there is a thread on here titled something like "20's on an elky", and he had done the same interior on his (the inspiration for getting mine) that you can see the fit.

Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts