El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently picked up an '85 and upon buying it I realized the interior was kind of garabage. I'm wanting to put in some bucket seats, a handbrake , and a center console. If anyone has examples of this done and suggestions for new parts or even possible junk yard searches I would appreciate it

·
Registered
176 Posts
Personally I'm a fan of the Monte SS interior trim

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
I used bucket seats from a 1987 Cutlass Supreme, the console is from a 87. You can see pictures at my photobucket
I sure would like to have your old split bench seat!

·
Deputy National Director
9,623 Posts
Didn't do the handbrake
I got seats from the local upullit for $30 each.

on my 83 bracket racer I used a set of 00 Trans Am seats & 78-87 Monte console

On my 84 I used a set 95 Trans Am/Camaro Seats & bought a small console

·
Registered
81 Posts
Nothing looks better than buckets in an elky. If you go with original G body buckets, try to salvage some brackets out of a bucket car. I got lucky and found a bucket seat G body in the yards, drill out the spot welds and you're done. Good luck man.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Im using a HURST pistol Grip shifter, I need some Ideas on how to Mount it to the Floor, It needs to be Higher, I got Camaro I-ROC Console to use with it. Any Ideas or suggestions would be aapriciated

·
Supporting Member
4,624 Posts
Pretty much any bucket seat can be made to work, with a little fab skills. Styles range from full race to very comfortable leather to Plush Velour. Need to decide what style you like, and then we can give specific options. Center pull handbrake is harder to accomplish. Recommend leaving it where it is. Center console is also doable. Need to decide on floor shift, or keeping your column shift.

Let us know what direction you are heading, and we can give specific recommendations.

Just for grins, here's mine with Acura Leather Heated seats, and an '04 Grand Prix console and shifter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts