El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I'm not sure if that chrome mirror was offered for passenger side. If it was it may be some other G-body. Usually the option for passenger mirror was to buy "mirrors: sport left hand remote right hand manual". I have brochures from 85,86, and 87 and they show that as the only upgrade from standard left chrome. (those are the body colored mirrors that were 'bullet' shaped through '85, and kinda wing shaped for '86 and '87).

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure if that chrome mirror was offered for passenger side. If it was it may be some other G-body. Usually the option for passenger mirror was to buy "mirrors: sport left hand remote right hand manual". I have brochures from 85,86, and 87 and they show that as the only upgrade from standard left chrome. (those are the body colored mirrors that were 'bullet' shaped through '85, and kinda wing shaped for '86 and '87).
I have the original brochure with the car/truck, and the dealer sticker. I guess the bullet mirror may be the only option I have:dontknow:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The RH chrome mirrors are out there...I've sold a couple now...I've gotten them off of Malibu's
Thanks O. D. I'll start looking the salvage yards over for some mid 80's Malibu's then! If you happen to run across one please let me know.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Thanks O. D. I'll start looking the salvage yards over for some mid 80's Malibu's then! If you happen to run across one please let me know.
I'll keep an eye out for one in my junk yard travels :beer:

oh if you do find one you may also need the inner support for it...I think it's lightly tack welded in.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I got a left side one for a spare off Ebay.The price was too good to pass up on what I paid for it. Mine came with the chrome mirror on both sides.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Well, you learn something new every day! (If you're not careful.) Now I'm curious what years they were available and how rare is that option. Patrick.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am told you might be a good source for a passenger mirror like the one from the post several years ago. It's on another 85 base Elky, like the white one. I am a newbie, bought this 85 on BaT last week - very original, 29k mi, take a look at last Friday's auction. Thanks for your help. steve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts