El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have removed the two screws but the panel still seems attached. does it have hidden clips or is it just the rear window sealant holding it. thanks for some help.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I had the same problem. On mine it was indeed an overabundance of sealant. I used a gentle application of heat to remove it.

Richard

·
Registered
169 Posts
Did you get the sail panel out? I am facing that issue and are afraid I will bend the panels if I try much more force. I have tried to cut the adhesive away from the forward edge, but still is tight.

Any help would be appreciated. (I have an '87 model if that makes any difference.) og y).

Ralph

·
Supporting Member
4,526 Posts
There are two ( IIRC) clips that hold the panel in. They are associated with the moldings that surround the window, especially the lower molding. I've tried to remember how they fit, but I'm just getting too old, but if yuo pop off the outer edge of the lower window moldings, I hope it will become clearer.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Still trying to remove mine also. Got one off but bent and dented it, so not happy. Not sure what "hot" wire is, but my cold wire method didn't work. Couldn't really get under panel with wire and it kept breaking. Will try heat gun next.

The two clips are attached to the sail panel itself (at least on my '87) and don't really hold panel in, just all the adhesive underneath that does it. Not sure what adhesive they used, but is the strongest stuff I have ever seen.

Still struggling. Ralph

1 - 8 of 8 Posts