El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, still working on dads car and now I'm moving up to the next thing.

When the car is cold the car does not like to move. It stalls out when put into gear.
When the car is warmer the car will operate fine.

As soon as the engine is at operating temps the kick down gear will engage and it will open all the barrels and giddy-up.

After some driving time and I'm assuming radiant heat warms the rest of the engine compartment up I loose the ability to get on it and it kick down, it just kind says i think i can i think i can.

Also, I think I could go for more improvements, Even making a turn in a sandy gravel I can not even bark a tire.

Can a stock 305 bark a tire anyway or am I living in a dream world. I am not looking to roast a tire but if its possible to roast them i'm not going to disapprove.

Any ideas? If pictures or anything are required I'll do my best to get them in a timely manner.

Thanks
I.D.

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
choke pull off working?
choke thermostat?

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
check for KO power at choke stat........
Choke vacuum break....is it operating?.....does it move the blade approx 1/8" when started?
No vacuum pump for testing? Take vac hose off pull-off at air horn....collapse pull-off, block off vacuum hose with your finger....does it hold vacuum?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts