El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey family,
Sorry if this is a repeat or dumb question but I cant seem to get any clarity on it. I am looking for a new header panel for my 86 Elky. Will a 80 header panel bolt right on and will I need 80 fenders as well? Basically what are my options for swap with my 86? Thanks a ton in advance.

Meenk

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
82-87 header panel is available new reproduction. Why would you want to make your 86 look like an 80? The fenders are the same except the 78-81 fenders don't have side marker lights. The 82-87 fenders have side marker lights.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
The wiring as well,, you are going from a 4 headlight down to two,, and like Bobby stated the side marker lights,, Is you 86 broke or do you just want to change the look?? Matty man

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well magically I asked the wrong question but still got the right answer. Thanks guys. I was looking to get a new header panel but was mistaken in that I thought 80-87 were all the same. Trying to keep a eye out for people selling theirs and want to make sure I know exactly what Im supposed to be getting. So to clarify I should be looking for any header panel from 82-87 to replace my 86 header panel right? Thanks!!:You_Rock:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts