El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Rusty 86 Driver Door needs new inner door panel.

Is there any places sells inner door panel ???

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
You need to find a nice used door, buy a new door or fabricate your own patch panels.

·
Banned
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need to find a nice used door, buy a new door or fabricate your own patch panels.[/QUOTE

Having trouble finding good used doors and new door out of my price range sound like to many bends to make own door patch panel

·
2,566 Posts
There are some "universal" lower inside door patch panels. They are kind of a generic part. Not really model specific. I can't remember the company it's been years since I bought anything from them. I did have a catalog around though. I see if I can find it.
You would have to trim and adapt them to fit. But it's hard to get a permanent fix on rusty door bottoms. It will come back sooner or later. But if you're just looking to buy some time until you find a nice used, then it might be a good solution.

·
Banned
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are some "universal" lower inside door patch panels. They are kind of a generic part. Not really model specific. I can't remember the company it's been years since I bought anything from them. I did have a catalog around though. I see if I can find it.
You would have to trim and adapt them to fit. But it's hard to get a permanent fix on rusty door bottoms. It will come back sooner or later. But if you're just looking to buy some time until you find a nice used, then it might be a good solution.

Yeah my plan is to cut all the rusty metal of the door and weld patch panel and add rust preventors

·
2,566 Posts
Yeah but doors are tough because they tend to hold dirt and moisture even when the drain holes are clear. But if you can keep the car in a garage or under a carport and out of the rain it will last much longer.
Did you try pm'ing mattyman? I thought he had some doors?

·
Banned
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah but doors are tough because they tend to hold dirt and moisture even when the drain holes are clear. But if you can keep the car in a garage or under a carport and out of the rain it will last much longer.
Did you try pm'ing mattyman? I thought he had some doors?

OK Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts