El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, I am looking to delete the emissions system as the pump is seized and useless. How can I go about doing this task? Also, I don't need to do emissions testing as I reside in NH

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
You could simply hollow out and gut the pump and then remount it. I've seen that done on other vehicle pumps but I'm not sure you can do it with this one.

Or you might could simply get a much shorter drive belt for it that bypasses making it spin at all.

Rick

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,417 Posts
Hi 86Elcamino4.3, welcome from Idaho. Glad you've joined us. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your 86 El Camino. Where abouts are you located? Have fun with your 86 El Camino and the community.

·
Registered
‘85 Conquista
11 Posts
I have an 85 4.3 Conquista & i just took the belt off because my motor stopped spinning and melted my belt. The car will run perfectly fine without it attached since its a single belt attached from the fan to the emissions motor.

·
Deputy Regional Director, Region 6
1,714 Posts
Welcome from a member from Wesley Chapel, FL. Our El Camino members are always willing to share their experience’s with most everything you will want to do to your pride and joy. Hopefully you will get to meet others in your area who share the love of El Camino. We hope that at some point you will come out to one of your regions “get togethers” and meet like minded Camino fans. Good to see what others have done to their ride whether it is a work in progress , show car or a daily driver. We welcome all. Good luck, with what ever you do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts