El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all! Even though I've had my El Camino over 5 years, I am new to this forum. Glad to be a part of it!

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get (or if anyone happened to have one lying around) a passenger fender with the cutout for the light for an 86 El Camino. The only ones I've found for sale online are about $250 with a a shipping fee of about $125. I've looked at many sites like car-parts.com and it is a lot harder to find one that I can get shipped than I thought. I'm willing to drive a few hours away if I have to.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,404 Posts
Welcome Colin, I see you are in South Central Tennessee.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Get up early and search craigslist every day. Check Atlanta, Chattanooga, Knoxville and Nashville. Search both cars for sale and parts. Call anyone who has parts and ask-they may have one not listed or know someone who does. Search Malibu and Bonneville, too. If you see a parts car, call (I once bought a whole ‘77 Trans Am for $300 because I needed just the windshield and front clip but the seller was hungry-I told him I only need parts and he said ‘what if I sell you the whole car cheap?’) I could gave sold it three times before I got home.
Patrick

·
Premium Member
8,461 Posts
Hi Colin, welcome from Idaho. The used ones are best. The only problem with them they may have been damaged and repaired with bondo. The new ones come from Taiwan,and can have problems. I bought used ones that had body filler and I couldn't get it straight. I bought a new one and had to drill out spot welds, then push it down and reweld.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh wow!. Thanks for the quick responses. And thanks for the link! Definitely on a better path now. You guys are awesome

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@chicknnhead Damn. That is a nice one. And at a good price too. Although I eventually got a hold of someone a lot closer to me. I really appreciate it though!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts