El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to paint the 86 two tone Elky. I want to redo all the trim to include rocker panel, side trim and the trim just below the top of the box. I have heard bad things about after market stuff so I am looking for advice as to good fitting after market stuff or a source for OEM trim. The present trim look burnished, not chromed. I am new to this resoration thing and am on a poor man's budget.

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,780 Posts
Welcome from Florida !! :florida: Finding OEM NOS is very expensive !! I try not to put repro stuff on mine !! Good luck on your search !! Got any pics ??

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
I am getting ready to paint the 86 two tone Elky. I want to redo all the trim to include rocker panel, side trim and the trim just below the top of the box. I have heard bad things about after market stuff so I am looking for advice as to good fitting after market stuff or a source for OEM trim. The present trim look burnished, not chromed. I am new to this resoration thing and am on a poor man's budget.
Do you mean that you have all the trim, but it just isn't shiney? Or do you need some trim? I have some stock trim if that's what you need.

Jack

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
JGM send minoridertim a p,m, he has a door with good trim on it,,,:beer::texas:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts