El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no power to the gage pod and I think the gage wire should be the pink one. I have looked at fuses and all are good now. Though some were blown before. Looking at the fuse block diagram on elcaminocentral.com/articles/wiring/862.gif , my fuse block looks nothing like theirs, but anyway, I can't read the identity of all the fuses but all have power. When I put a test light to the pod terminal connection, using the black terminal as the ground on the test light, I have no power to the pink wire which is the third from left on bottom, but it is in spot number 4, because nothing is in spot 1.

Anyway, I need a wiring expert to give some advice, please

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
Is the key in the "RUN" position when you're testing?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, even cranked the engine and tested. Is the pink wire the gage wire?????

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, I have power to the gage pod through the pink/black wire which is third from left top row. I looked at an old post that said that was the gage feed. From the diagram, it looks like this hot wire feeds all the other gage connections as well. Hooked my tester to the ground on the plug in to pod, put other end to the ground position on the printed circuit, then jumped the pink/black wire connection the the top left position connection on the printed circuit and got a light (power), I'm thinking from this that something is wrong with gage connections on the pod???? New printed circuit, and gages worked before at one time and another???? I'm stumped again....

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
You have you to make sure the actual terminals on the plug are bowed out a little. I have put tape (electrical tape) between the pc and the pod to give it a tighter connection. Sometimes it helps to bow the terminals on the plug out a little with a pick.
:texas:

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I tried to pry them up with a pick some, and cleaned them and the tabs on the printed circuit. Still no contact. So you put elect. tape under the copper strips to make them stick some more??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts