El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for 86 left wheel opening 2 tone, 1 piece trim. No longer made. :(
Any leads appreciated. Prefer original, hopefully dent free. Thank you!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
From the pictures it looks like some hammer and dolly work might at least make yours better. Found mine as NOS on ebay, took a while for a set to come up. Good luck on your search.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From the pictures it looks like some hammer and dolly work might at least make yours better. Found mine as NOS on ebay, took a while for a set to come up. Good luck on your search.
Hey,

I think I might try a rubber mallet, what’s a dolly like you mean? What does NOS mean? Sorry for my questions, new to this. Don’t want to mess it up even more if they are this hard to find. Thank you!

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Thank you very much! Class 5 means what? I greatly appreciate your help!

David
I asked the same question! 🤨 He said he was sorry but the ones he had weren't as good as he thought. So basically a no go! Good luck! One will come up...maybe you could have yours straightened? :unsure:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you very much. He does have some? I’d be willing to try a lower quality just to try? Might be good to practice on one or just a spare if I screw up mine. Just a thought if he can get rid of one. Just very hard to find. I’ll keep looking too through the winter, no rush really. Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
931 Posts
I will be deleting mine when I finally get to re-painting. And sorry but my Left Front is beyond repair also, pretty much the reason I will be deleting the 2-tone chrome. I have seen some pics of a 5th gen done with the same colors mine has minus the chrome and I actually like the look. I decided to keep the 2-tone seperated by a fine pin-stripe buried under the clear-coat. That's just me though, and have a very talented painter friend........ Good luck!

Joe

·
Registered
55 Posts
the trim was deleted on the SS models with the pinstripe and two tone as described . this is an old photo of my SS the interior has since been redone and the rear quarter window side trim replaced .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes sir
I have both sides. I have no idea what they sell for. You tell me what's fair and you pay shipping
Good morning,

Can you send a few pictures? You can send them to 970-596-6958, my cell. Rear trim I think go for around $100. Fronts probably go for more since they are hard to find. I think. I found 1 damaged like mine for $100 but passed. I’d probably be interested in the whole set for a fair price too. Name a fair price & I’ll take at least the left/drivers front if not damaged in pictures. I really appreciate this, been looking for a while & so far this is the best lead. Not really in a rush as it will be garaged soon & can work on it over the winter. Are you saving the clips/hardware too? Talk soon, have a great day!
Thank you,
David

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Good morning,

Can you send a few pictures? You can send them to 970-596-6958, my cell. Rear trim I think go for around $100. Fronts probably go for more since they are hard to find. I think. I found 1 damaged like mine for $100 but passed. I’d probably be interested in the whole set for a fair price too. Name a fair price & I’ll take at least the left/drivers front if not damaged in pictures. I really appreciate this, been looking for a while & so far this is the best lead. Not really in a rush as it will be garaged soon & can work on it over the winter. Are you saving the clips/hardware too? Talk soon, have a great day!
Thank you,
David
I’ll pay all shipping too!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts