El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
87 elcamino v6 4.3 t.b.i.
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a 87 driver side mirror gasket... Mine was shamelessly stolen during a body shop visit for surface prep. Police involvement proved fruitless. I had to fix the mess left behind in door from theft. Hurt cause door was never previously opened. (Violated) I guess it's a rare /hard to find part thief thought I would not notice immediately. I.d.k. s.m.h. others here have given advice to fabricate replacement. any further advice/ help appreciated.

·
Deputy National Director
9,613 Posts
sand a PM to ( the el camino kid 319) he has some parts trucks & see if he has any 86/87 's I couldn't find the driver side gasket

·
Registered
4,513 Posts

·
Deputy National Director
9,613 Posts

·
Registered
87 Caballero Amarillo, stock 305/200R4/QJ
544 Posts
I did. The pivot on my passenger remote is busted, so was reading up on all that yesterday lol. From what I gathered the Monte mirrors were the same for the 86-87, as were the Camero powered mirrors for Gen3 guts. The rounder 85 and prior were different. Or did I miss a pertinent fact some place? Really interested in knowing all this.

·
Deputy National Director
9,613 Posts
The gaskets are different for the el caminos & the monte Carlos, the doors have different angles so the gaskets are different, I would show the different part numbers & the show the difference but my computer is down & hard for me to show on my dumb phone

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I’ve tried to deal with the folks in Bowdon, Georgia in the past. They show a lot of parts but wouldn’t communicate worth a damn. Your luck may vary.
Patrick

1 - 14 of 14 Posts