El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'd like to replace my Factory am/fm Cassette player in my 1987 El Camino. I was thinking about an aftermarket unit however, several members have installed later GM am/fm Cd players and the results were near factory fit and finish.

I don't want to mess up the current bezel on my 1987, which has a larger size factory square already to fit the factory unit, and some kits leave a small gap in the install of a non-factory/aftermarket stereo.

So what have some of you guys used in terms of later model GM vehicles that fit easily and look factory in terms of appearance?

I'd rather have a factory looking unit, as all I want is a CD player. And also, that would keep the thieves away since they look for aftermarket units to steal.

Any special factory units I should look for? What have you got installed?

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
the camaro/firebird and most of the gm line will fit.the one i have in my 86 is from a 05 pu

·
Registered
497 Posts
a friend of mine actually mounted an aftermarket cd player in the glove box of his 68 mustang. he wanted to keep the interior looking stock, so he kept the factory radio in the dash. it still lights up, but all the speakers were re-routed to the aftermarket.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts