El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 87, 5.0L Conquista project car does not have any of the original Heater or Radiator hoses or their clamps. I want to restore to original types hoses and clamps.

Can anyone tell me if there was anything unique about the original hoses (ie Ribbed or not, markings, etc.)? Also need the type of original heater hose clamps and the original radiator clamps used (ie Tower, Corbin, Pinch, Spring Ring, Double Wire w/Hex Screw)?

New to El Camino world so, all help, word and/or pictures, greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Hey Kirk , your best bet is to look at your OPGI or Ekler's El Camino Catalogue ... they have the OEM clamps , spring rings and all that stuff your looking for .... as far as the heater hose just use the Black heater hose in the auto parts store , its proably alot cheaper & no shipping .... Thanks the Geezer :nanawrench:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OPGI does not identify any for the 87 and Eklers shows a corbin tool as a fit for the 87 but does not id any clamps

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I hope someone with more knowledge chimes in, but here's a little info. Dennis Kirban is the guru when it comes to documenting what was assembly line correct on the Buick Grand National. I know their different drive trains and were assembled in USA vs. Mexico, but they're both G-bodies and have a lot in common. He has found a lot of info like the valve stem caps were originally grey. I don't know how much of his info is online but his books about the GN are really interesting and informative. As an aside, I would trust members here and your own eyes as you look at original crucks. I have seen a lot of errors in catalogs. Welcome aboard! Patrick.

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,776 Posts
Go to the GM Dealer & see if they still have them ?? :dontknow:

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
try e-bay

Tell us what you think
Hoses & Clamps for 1987 Chevrolet El Camino

Sharejavascript:void(0);javascript:void(0);

Finding new hoses and clamps for the Chevrolet, El-Camino is something that all car owners have to deal with from time to time, and it's all just part of good car maintenance. Finding the right hoses and clamps is a whole other matter, and it can sometimes be difficult to find these absolutely essential components of your car for a decent price. The hoses are essential for carrying everything from air to necessary fluids from one part of the car to another, and the clamps are important for keeping the hoses in place. If any of these things fail in your Chevrolet, El-Camino, it can create a huge hazard that can lead to an accident.

Since these hoses and clamps are so important for your Chevrolet, El-Camino, you need to make sure you get them from a reputable company that sells
...View more

Browse Hoses & Clamps by Brand

ACDelco
View ACDelco products

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts