El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me start by saying hello to all of you regulars. I'm a new guy near Charlotte, NC. I got my 67 over 1 1/2 years ago and i've been waiting for the right time and money to build a pro-streeter. alas, i cannot wait anymore. i must drive my elky before i go maddd. so anyways, i'm picking up the LT1, 4L60E transmission, wiring harness, computer, all accesories, and exhaust manifolds this weekend. Hopefully, i'll be able to buy the radiator too. the car was wrecked in the back and totalled by the insurance folks. the biggest thing i need help with is what type of fuel tank to buy. i need a modern take and fuel pump/sending unit that will be able to provide the correct pressure (TBI runs 10-12 psi while port injection needs 30-60psi, depending on application). anyways, any ideas on what type of tanks will fit in the original location with only minor modification????
one last question. i've already got a buddy to help with the wiring, but i'm curious if anyone has done a swap like this before.
will the motor mounts work???
exhaust manifolds clear???
any information will be greatly appreciated.

thanx, robert

·
Super Moderator
4,363 Posts
Here's a similar post I just finished reponding to: Here
Also, search the forums for LT1, there are several related posts, and there are a few of use who have done the conversions on our personal rides. Here's mine
Also, invaluable reading, a book by Jags That Run, covers TBI/TPI/LT1
everything you'll need to know and less! Here

·
Super Moderator
4,363 Posts
I used a V6 G-body FI tank with a 95 Corvette fuel pump.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts