El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

The final problem I am having with my new digital gauges on my '68 el Camino with a '95 350 LT1 from a donor Camaro Z28 is the reading on my water temp gauge. It maxes out at only 19F so I think I have either a bad temp sending unit or a dirty connection.

However, for the life of me I cannot find the temp sending unit in the block that the gauge wire was spliced to. The original wiring was done by a mechanic whom I was not pleased with and is out of the picture now so I'm trying to redo some of the less-than-stellar work he did before I removed him from the equation. This is the last piece of the puzzle.

I understand that the LT1 has two temp sensors (one for the ECM and one for the gauges) but I must be blind because I cannot find either of them or the splice that was originally put in for the gauge.

This may sound like a dumb request, but if anyone can point me to where they SHOULD be then at least I will be able to get started troubleshooting.

Thanks - Jon651

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
At least on an LS, the ports for the sending unit are on each head. M12 x 1.5 size if I remember correctly. I will have to dome digging later today to check for LT1 locations.

Rick

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts