El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
not around as much
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just seen on the home page we at 991 when I posted this. Hard to believe in less then a year since Robert (acauth1) started the site it's getting ready to 1000 members. 8)

A big :thumbsup: to Robert for creating a great site for owners of a great vehical.

·
Registered
548 Posts
When the merge of members was completed I was already a member of Central and NECOA. Thus I have been counted twice. I believe this to be the case with many other members. I have no idea what the actual membership is but I know for a fact that at least One member has been counted twice.

·
not around as much
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I think in a post about merge of the member databases Robert said that there would not be a duplication.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Yes, I read that post & thought that it would be very difficult to determine who was a member of both orgs. When I checked I found that I was listed as member # 13 (7d8ss) AND as member # 529 ( Jon Best, pg. # 11). This is the only duplication that I can verify.

·
NECOA Founder
844 Posts
There may be a handful of duplicates, but Robert worked a long time trying to identify members of both organizations by their e-mail accounts at NECOA and ECC.

As discussed with Robert, when he has the new database fields posted on the member page, the NECOA member number will take precedence if an ECC member had both member numbers.

Great job, Robert!

·
Vendor
4,363 Posts
Thanks everybody... Peter and I worked our tails off on the databases. The only method I was able to use to find dupes is email addresses, so if there are duplicates, it's because someone changed their email addy. Slowly but surely we will be able to weed them out, but as far as I can tell, there are very few.

·
Vendor
4,363 Posts
Poltergeist said:
Just seen on the home page we at 991 when I posted this. Hard to believe in less then a year since Robert (acauth1) started the site it's getting ready to 1000 members. 8)

A big :thumbsup: to Robert for creating a great site for owners of a great vehical.
I put the site back up and began re-designing last Sept after a hacker took my server down. Somehow or another, you found the site and became member #2, and it's snowballed since!

·
87 Choo Choo
1,406 Posts
When Robert (did most of the work) and I started working on the merge, I believe there were only 6 members in both databases. When Dan migrated the NECOA site over it became a tad more difficult...but Robert got the job done!

If anyone see's themself listed twice, let either Robert or myself know and we'll take care of it.... :cool:

·
Vendor
4,363 Posts
Noon tomorrow.

·
Vendor
4,363 Posts
87SS said:
acauth1 said:
Noon tomorrow.
Ditto. I've already learned not to bet against Robert. I already owe him two bucks :cool:
"I want my two dollars!"

·
Vendor
4,363 Posts
theelcaminofactory said:
:biggrin: OK, maybe I'm being to much of an optimist!
Maybe not... Already 997

·
Vendor
4,363 Posts
Your prize awaits!

·
Vendor
4,363 Posts
Dunno, but if it is, it's a damn sexy damnit doll!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts