El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend called me today, and gave me a lead. Went and looked at her, and a nice solid, 99% original. What do you think? I think it would look better in my garage.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, those are some "aftermarket" that the original owner put on, don't look that good.

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
That 70's Camaro steering wheel has to go!!!! I have one in my 78 and think it looks better than the original, but not in that 59!

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Looks pretty clean, what's the $$$ on it?
:texas:

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The steering wheel does look a bit out of place, an original one will need to be found.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The owner is charging up the battery, and airing up a back tire. I will be going back over afterwork tomorrow to fire it up and take a drive. Just have to learn the 3 speed on the column trick to get rolling. I will purchase it tomorrow without hesitation.

·
0 Posts
Wow! That car is hella sweet! Its all original right down to the cobwebs under the column. Does he have the original steering wheel too? I'm glad I don't find parts to that. I'd love to take the dash or wings off and mount it on the wall as nostalgic art...:beer:

·
Registered
574 Posts
I've been wanting one of these more and more the past few years. They definitely have some personality to them.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well Pramm, I sure would like to keep her after I get it. If I can talk my better half into it. If not, I have one heckuva decision to make !:dontknow:

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Very nice.

I would prefer a 60 though only because thats when I was born.

Crap, now everyone knows I'm old, fat and bald instead of 24 and 175 lbs of pure muscle with long blonde hair.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Looks like it was actually being used for some useful purpose until fairly recently. That's not a bad thing; cars last a lot longer being used a little than they do sitting.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Heading over shortly to pay the man:nanawrench:Man, getting 1 of 22,000+ Elkies of this year, nice feeling fellow members. Perhaps one day, I can pass it along to another member out here in the Elky world. Hope you all had a good holiday !!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts