El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a box full of brand new A/C components from HKDUP87 a few months back and I want to know if a late 80's A/C line fit my compressor? The compressor on my car is on the passenger side while I think the late 80's is driver side mounted. Will the lines still fit? Will it be longer? If so,is there a way to route them?:dontknow:

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
need to see what you have .you have a serpinteen belt on yours now dont you ? you cant use v belt on serpinteen.the neck of the compressor is different. if its a r4 with the same type of belt it should go on. some of the line mounts on the back of the compressor are different as well. you will need new hoses as our cars never had the late belt system on them

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
need to see what you have .you have a serpinteen belt on yours now dont you ? you cant use v belt on serpinteen.the neck of the compressor is different. if its a r4 with the same type of belt it should go on. some of the line mounts on the back of the compressor are different as well. you will need new hoses as our cars never had the late belt system on them
Everything was sent to me except for the O-rings and compressor. I have a serpentine setup now,so everything old in my car will be ripped out,leaving just the compressor.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
Personally I,d keep the ac comp on the pass side,I hate the look of ac lines runnin across the engine. My 83, which came as factory diesel, had pass side comp & condensor lines.These parts should all still be easly available.

·
Registered
189 Posts
AC? What is that? Two windows down and 120 is plenty cool!!! The faster you go, the cooler you get!
suks2bu37:nanawrench:

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
Your supposed to do that Sh*t in the winter time not summer. I still have the compressor but the shaft is froze the clutch works fine if you need it. Good luck I'm still blowing 40d and can only put the fan on low it's so cold. Also make sure the opening where the heater hoses go into the box are sealed up tight or 1/2 the air will blow out of the box and not into the truck.:secret::secret: Everything I sent you is for the drivers side the condensor? the one that goes in front of the radiator is drivers side and both lines connecting it are driver side. I don't know if you can flip it upside down?

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
A/C ??????? Dang sissie...:poke::beer:
Come on give the guy a break everybody knows it's for his girlfriend isn't everything?:poke:

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
try the ac line and condenser from the buick v6 regal or possably the tpi camaro to hook up everything. both have the compressor on the pass side. good luck my friend. i have the ac stuff to put back on momas camaro and will see if it fits the elco and post later today. besides a kool car should be cool as well

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Your supposed to do that Sh*t in the winter time not summer. I still have the compressor but the shaft is froze the clutch works fine if you need it. Good luck I'm still blowing 40d and can only put the fan on low it's so cold. Also make sure the opening where the heater hoses go into the box are sealed up tight or 1/2 the air will blow out of the box and not into the truck.:secret::secret: Everything I sent you is for the drivers side the condensor? the one that goes in front of the radiator is drivers side and both lines connecting it are driver side. I don't know if you can flip it upside down?
We really didn't have a winter so it snuck up on me. Our Summer hasn't started yet but 100* and up til November is no fun,especially when you're in a traffic jam.:let_it_all_out:

·
Supporting Member
4,470 Posts
If you have the serp setup, then V-8 F-body lines and Condenser will fit. I even think the V6 lines might work.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
the camaro /tpi ac hose manifold fits the elco if you use the buick v6 g body condenser.your serpinteen system has the compressor on the pass side and it will all hook up.i tried it all on my monte ss and it all hooked up to the original dash unit

·
Supporting Member
4,470 Posts
FWIW, I've used the Camaro condenser several times now, and the fit is fine. I find it's easier to get the Parallel Flow style in the Camaro condenser- guess it has more sales volume.

·
Registered
54 Posts
JPMDADDY what is the name of the shop in garland that can make the a/c line or number I'm in the dfw area and I'm having a hard time find a/c part for my 79 elco. thanks in advance sal
:dontknow:

·
Venerated Member RIP
2,918 Posts
JPMDADDY what is the name of the shop in garland that can make the a/c line or number I'm in the dfw area and I'm having a hard time find a/c part for my 79 elco. thanks in advance sal
:dontknow:
My buddy that uses this place is on vacation this week. I'll get hold of him and get the info next week....

I'll poke around on google and see if it pops up too...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts