El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I built this system from scatch using parts that I had from a 78 malibu I used to own.
The system blows cold now but I put it together without a low pressure switch or a cycling switch.
Can anybody help me with what I need to complete the system now.
Is there a "one switch does it all" switch that I can put on the accumulator ?

·
Premium Member
5,894 Posts
the cycling switch will screw on the top of the accumulator where the plastic cap is now. run the compressor wire to it and then on to the compressor.

·
Premium Member
5,894 Posts
I would give it a try. There should be a screw in between the connectors to adjust the cycling pressure. R12 about 30, R134 about 20 - 25. I'm no AC expert so maybe acuath1 or someone will chime in here and get us both straight. I don't want to lead you down the wrong path.

·
ZERO MPG
15,368 Posts
a/c high pressure switch #35961 make sure for your compressor. I used the link above with the same truck entered for the cycling switch. Installs on back of the compressor. Make sure the heater core box is sealed up where the two hoses go in you will loose a lot of air. Just turn the A/C on high and feel for the cold air. I was loosing a lot from there till I sealed it up. The cycling switch screws on the one facing the heater core box.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts