El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the following gages and speedos for sale, $50 each plus shipping from 06776. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
gonna have anything left to bring to the swap meet at Lake Compounce in a few weeks?

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gonna have anything left to bring to the swap meet at Lake Compounce in a few weeks?
Oh yes, I've lots more, just haven't gotten around to photographing and listing them lol I didn't know about the Lake Compounce swap, though; when is it, and is there a web site? I need to register, perhaps. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
Lake Compounce is the first sun in May......no pre-reg, show up Saturday if you want to get a good spot and set up.....
Sponsored by the CT Street Rod Assn...You can google for info.....
I saw a sign yesterday for the swap meet at Stafford Speedway, its Sunday, April 15........don't have any other info.
I think the Stafford website has info, sponsored by Ty-Rods...
see ya there?

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Vendors are allowed to camp overnight at Lake Compounce??

I really needed a swap meet this weekend, gotta get rid of most of this stuff :neutral:

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
No, can't stay.........Guarded lot though.I usually go up on Sat., set up, and return on Sunday morning.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Sent you the $61.35 through Pay-pal this morning 10:45AM 4/6/12 for the number 2 speedometer. Hope this works for my orginial 80 Caballero dash. Michael in Virginia

·
Registered
91 Posts
i have a question, if your car only has 80 and i bought the speedo with the 85mph would it work normally and point accurately or it'd be slightly bit diffrent or something like that somewhat?

i'm interested in the gauges with the bright needles #3 do u still have them

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GM merely shuffled the highlighting on the numbers; the speedo showing 60, 70, 80, etc. still has a mark (a short line) at 85 but not a number. They (all car manufacturers) did those sort of tricks from time to time to give the illusion they were "updating" the interior in some way, like they'd change the trim on the seats now and then but still provide basically the same seats for decades on end. The basic calibration remained in the speedo gear in the transmission which, as far as I know, was always something like 2000 rpm = 60 mph. So yes, you can swap speedos and as long as the internal magnetic "calibration" is good, they'll all show the same speed. Yes, I do still have have the #3 gauges and speedo.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts