El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
National Director
1965 El Camino,78 Caballero sold
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you do any research or study leadership you often hear "A leader is only as good as the team". When I threw my name in to become the National Director I didn't really know what I was getting into. I knew the Association had a few ups and downs over the years but I had no knowledge of the true inner workings, that being the Executive Committee.

I was sad to see when Ken's health caused him to step down and not run for re election that the organization became a ship without a rudder so I made some inquiries. I found Kruzer and 87next2last were doing their best to keep things going. So they got an election going and here I am.

We reorganized, put some volunteers in new positions and woke up some old volunteers. Things started to happen, we got a Limited Edition Tee Shirt sale going that was very successful. Most recently we brought the Calendar Program back to life.

How did this happen, THE TEAM!!! People approach me and volunteer to head up programs. All I basically do is say yes or no, move it this way or that way. They DO the rest with great success.

At this time I want to say THANK YOU to those who make this association a success and make me look good. Without you we wouldn't be where we are today and I would be just another name on a roster.

If anyone has any suggestions or would like to head up any future programs message me.

Thank You for all you do,

Leo

·
Deputy National Director
10,520 Posts
Thanks Leo and team!!! Are the limited edition T-shirts still available and how do we order?
Waiting on response from the guy that did the shirts to see if there is any left ?
@Leo will let use know if there is any left ?
I might try to get more made if the need is there ?

·
Executive Committee Member, Director Region 21
1979 El Camino 350 SS Clone
381 Posts
Ditto from me as well Leo---Good Stuff !!------not the perfect year for us here in Canada---but we got through it !!---I am pretty sure we can do another run---the company we got to do them would still have the original stencil---anyhow just putting it out there---I do know its a lot of work mailing these out and trying not to mess-up so l will leave it in the hands of the executive for someone other than me to push it forward !! I did the last round !! --Don

·
Registered
704 Posts
Did the shirts have the flames/trees along the sides and under arm?
Did they have the gray double line on sleeves and hem?
View attachment 152437
That is just an artist rendering for illustration purposes - no gray on the shirt.
I ordered one, and it is a nice medium weight soft cotton pocket tee that fits well.
Well worth the price and I got very fast shipping! I wear it to car shows.
Sleeve Grey Font Magenta Active shirt

1 - 16 of 16 Posts