El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· National Director
1965 El Camino,78 Caballero sold
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you do any research or study leadership you often hear "A leader is only as good as the team". When I threw my name in to become the National Director I didn't really know what I was getting into. I knew the Association had a few ups and downs over the years but I had no knowledge of the true inner workings, that being the Executive Committee.

I was sad to see when Ken's health caused him to step down and not run for re election that the organization became a ship without a rudder so I made some inquiries. I found Kruzer and 87next2last were doing their best to keep things going. So they got an election going and here I am.

We reorganized, put some volunteers in new positions and woke up some old volunteers. Things started to happen, we got a Limited Edition Tee Shirt sale going that was very successful. Most recently we brought the Calendar Program back to life.

How did this happen, THE TEAM!!! People approach me and volunteer to head up programs. All I basically do is say yes or no, move it this way or that way. They DO the rest with great success.

At this time I want to say THANK YOU to those who make this association a success and make me look good. Without you we wouldn't be where we are today and I would be just another name on a roster.

If anyone has any suggestions or would like to head up any future programs message me.

Thank You for all you do,

Leo

1 - 1 of 1 Posts