El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my black 1983 Choo Choo Custom. This is my second ElCamino. The first one was stolen last year in August from the mechanic’s shop. I call it the “Shadow.” My heart was my 1986 Maroon Conquista, Baby Doll.” I will always remember “her.” Thankful to be in the club. Ordered my sunshade today and looking forward to receiving my sticker.
4C700AE7-BE56-4246-8310-CB5E3E080452.jpeg
B2D24A70-BBD6-476D-A135-C70AE22CDE1E.jpeg

·
Premium Member
8,156 Posts
Hi Izola, welcome from Idaho. Glad you are here. You have a very sweet looking 83 CHOO CHOO. Sorry about your loss of your 86. Enjoy your 83 and the community.

·
Premium Member
4,274 Posts
Both are fine looking El Caminos.
Welcome from the west coast.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
:geek: Welcome, Glad you found us.
Have fun and enjoy NECOA. Sorry
for the loss of your first Elky, But looks
like you found a sweet replacement.
From Nick & Don
Grove City, Ohio..:)

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,582 Posts
This is my black 1983 Choo Choo Custom. This is my second ElCamino. The first one was stolen last year in August from the mechanic’s shop. I call it the “Shadow.” My heart was my 1986 Maroon Conquista, Baby Doll.” I will always remember “her.” Thankful to be in the club. Ordered my sunshade today and looking forward to receiving my sticker. View attachment 131161 View attachment 131160
Izola , Welcome from the Florida Keys and glad you found NECOA . Sorry about the loss of your Conquista , I know that hurt . A big congratulations on such a fine looking Choo Choo and hope you enjoy it for years to come . Gotta say that in all my years , I have never seen the name Izola . Would be interested in knowing how your parents decided on it :cool:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Izola , Welcome from the Florida Keys and glad you found NECOA . Sorry about the loss of your Conquista , I know that hurt . A big congratulations on such a fine looking Choo Choo and hope you enjoy it for years to come . Gotta say that in all my years , I have never seen the name Izola . Would be interested in knowing how your parents decided on it :cool:
My name is pretty unique! 😂 Most people who has that name are senior citizens if they haven’t already “transitioned.” My mom named me after my great aunt, Aunt Dan. She was absolutely gorgeous and an amazing lady. Unfortunately, she had one child: a daughter that lived only 18 months. She passed away with the whooping cough (this was pre-immunizations). She always called me “her namesake.” She passed away in February of 2010 at the age of 95. Growing up, I hated it and was teased all of the time. As I matured, I grew to love it for its uniqueness and when I used to sing with a live bad, I didn’t have to pick a “stage name.” LOL! Thanks for the add to the group again. This is a wealth of knowledge and information.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts