El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey you all , I have a New NECOA member here in San Antonio on a fixed income who needs a steering column for his 1974 Elky , so he can join us in Belton this year for the First time :texas: ... Does anyone have an Elky that their parting out who can help Ron out ???? Will a 5 gen steering column work on a 74 , 4 gen Elky ?? let me know because I sure want to see Ron get his Elky back on the road and at the same time see his face lite up with this surprise of some Club Member helping out so he can finally drive again :beer: ... let me know what you got and for how much at [email protected] :poke: ... Thanks the Geezer :nanawrench:

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
dang.... i have one that will be available after i swap my interior... but until then it is in my car.... blast i with i could be of more help.

·
Acting Director, Region 13
2,048 Posts
E-mail sent. Hope this helps.

Tim

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Just for my FYI , a $64,000 question , what year Camino's can you inter -change the steering columns ??? is it only with in each generation only ?? just curious ... I sure like to see Ron back on the road again .... Thank you Tim & Marshall for the help .....Thanks the Geezer:nanawrench:

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
well the 77 fits in my 73 as is expected, but i dont honestly know what other ones may fit.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
73-76 for certain in all of the Chevelle line
Pretty sure a Cutlass, Lemans, Regal of the same years will fit as well

Not sure if the smaller (77+) cars will work, but they could be made to work, up until they started
with the dimmer and the wipers mounted on the column

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Tim , I never got your email :dontknow: .... I sure like to SURPRISE Ron with a working steering column , so he can make it to Belton with the rest of us lucky ones ..... Thanks the Geezer:nanawrench:

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Richard.
There are a few in the old car lot at Pick-n-pull

Was just there today snooping

1 - 9 of 9 Posts