El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
5,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I look out my window at another beautiful , mostly sunny day in the lower Florida Keys , like many of you , we are counting ourselves lucky that Tropical Storm Ida has passed us by . Unfortunately , many of our friends , family and others are in the path of what is forecast to be a cat 4 hurricane heading to the Gulf Coast states . Should the forecast be correct , massive destruction is guaranteed and regardless of how well situated or prepared they may be , they are going to need a lot of help . Please donate whatever you can to legitimate agencies like the American Red Cross . Yes , they will need everything at some point but for now a cash donation is easiest and quickest to help . Keep in mind that these agencies need to replensish their funds as they have recently helped people that were hit by massive floods in Tennessee and surrounding communities .

·
Deputy National Director
9,614 Posts
Yep got lucky again,
still have flooding west of me from the last few storms & daily rain
People still can't get home :(

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Here in the Melbourne area we have been having bad T-storms almost every day , drought is over , rain gives us relief from the heat & humidity , also overcast skys helps with keeping the heat down . My pool keeps over flowing & killing sections of my lawn . Not complaining after seeing what happened in Tenn . Sean , hope you made out OK . The squirrels have been eating lots of the pinecones in my yard , a sign of a cold winter ?

·
5,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortunately as predicted , Hurricane Ida has slammed into the Gulf and surrounding states as a major hurricane , leaving a lot of destruction in it`s path . Many others are getting hammered as it slowly travels north and east and others will already or soon be feeling the effects . We hope your El Caminos and especially your friends , homes and family are safe . Please remember the people and organizations that are going to be trying to help everyone .

Reactions: Old Bear

·
Deputy Regional Director, Region 6
1,546 Posts
Our prayers have gone out to all who have been affected by the storm. Do not lose the faith. It will get better.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Its beating the hell out of us right now in Western Pennsylvania... Good thing most of our buildings here are three and four course brick with real 2 x 4 framing and 3/4" ply wood, then plaster board and plaster. I could never live in these cereal boxes they call houses today..

·
5,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After beating up on so many people , the hurricane , then tropical storm and now a rain and flood event for so many , it continues to strees out the northeastern states on it`s path . The destruction has caused serious flooding and with the massive loss of electrical power , many residents are now dealing with triple digit heat . Please keep these people , as well as those that went through the flooding in places like Tennessee recently on your list to help where you can .

·
5,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its beating the hell out of us right now in Western Pennsylvania... Good thing most of our buildings here are three and four course brick with real 2 x 4 framing and 3/4" ply wood, then plaster board and plaster. I could never live in these cereal boxes they call houses today..
It was also an eye opening experience seeing the news footage of Philadelphia and nearby New Jersey with it`s flooding ; while , others had tornadoes . When we have been visiting my wife`s family , many of these are areas and streets that we casually walked down . It reminds us that regardless of where you live , there are no guarantees that you will not have to face natural disasters of some kind . I remember my first visit to the area , looking at all the homes and buildings and saying to my wife that something looked weird and out of place . I later realized that none of them had any kind of hurricane shutters etc. She said they never have hurricanes there . In the passing years Hurricane Sandy changed that . In the meantime , please do not hesitate to reach out and help those that have been affected by these acts of nature .

Reactions: robpp

·
Premium Member
5,239 Posts
Sadly the death tole for Ida continues to increase.
New York is reporting 43 lives lost.

·
5,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As Gale said , this hurricane has and continues to be a tragedy for many . There are a number of ways to donate where you can . They need everything . Here in Key West , Fl. , there is a 130 ft. fishing boat named the Poseidon that is from Terrabone Parish and Dulak ,La. that were hard hit . They are leaving today at sunset for Louisiana , loaded with all kinds of relief supplies donated by residents .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts