El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 74 has straight pipes from exhaust manifold to muffler. i see a lot of members suggesting the crossover pipes to others. what is the advantage of this and should i hack at this exhaust to put one one. and yes, i'm considering headers to replace the stock manifolds.

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,307 Posts
less back pressure and equializing an even flow through out the rpm range..:dontknow:
..my 74 has one on it...I couldn't tell ya if its stock or not,but it does have the hoover cans on it...

:beer:

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
This equalizes pressure on both banks. I would recommend it, mine has just straight pipes with flowmaster mufflers will get cross over pipe as soon as my tranny rebuild is done..

·
Registered
397 Posts
I'm not sure about that crossover pipe..
I bought a dual exhaust ran off my hedman headers out. from summitracing and their techs said run it as is. no reason to be modified. its tested to run ballz"e :twisted: wooooooooooot.

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
If ya run hedders and a warmed up motor it helps
With keeping it a lil more quiet also.:beer:

·
Registered
36 Posts
H pipe

The H pipe or cross over pipe works, I have a stock 305 in my 81 camino that I put long tube headers and series 40 flowmasters. the performace gain was noticeable right off with that change. A few weeks later i decided to put the H pipe in a I noticed the mellowing of the tone and the bottom end torque greater. The H pipe has all ways had greater views over the X pipe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts