El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· ZERO MPG
15,383 Posts
I'm an original owner and my 87 has 300,000+ and runs great and hasn't been rebuilt.:dontknow:

· ZERO MPG
15,383 Posts
my 83 malibu has 532,000 miles the odometer is on its 6 th time around,i bought it at 11 months old and 40,000 miles from the upland ca. police dpt. if you like the car why worrie about what the milage claims to be. its all mechanicals. look at the car for signs of excessive miles.severly worn suspension points from much work,realy loose pedal assemblies,sloppy shifter, colapsed body bushings and motor mounts.body cracks all signs to show wear.if it doesnt exibit these signs it has been cared for properly and not a concern. these are very servicable cars and if not driven into the grave before repaired should be fine at 1,000,000 miles
I'm with you bought mine new and have only replaced one freeze plug on the block itself. I drive like a normal person take that back I don't punch it. This will be my granddaughters ride in about 16-years she's one so what's a couple more hundred thousand miles. She runs like new right now 300,000 and counting.:nanawrench:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.