El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1983 El Camino SS - Choo Choo Custom
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a system from a member here, and turn lever with cruise. Also ordered a vacuum accumulator.
Need a couple of pics on location of the accumulator. The schematics & what i found searching just references inner fender drivers side up near charcoal canister. Also where the transducer mounts under the dash.
Expect I'll have additional questions on vacuum lines and electrical connections as I get into it (like the switch in the 2nd photo-bottom right hand corner. says its a cancel switch - looks similar to brake light switch).
Appreciate any assistance.
Gabe

·
Registered
81 Caballero, 83 El Camino
16 Posts
I hate replies like mine, but I'm doing it anyway. I would gladly post photos of my 83, but he is in the shop and I don't have access. But if I'm lucky enough to get it back by the end of this week and you still need photos, I will post them up.

·
Registered
253 Posts
You might want to consider getting the factory Electrical Service manual.
There is about 5 pages in it related to the cruise control, with electrical and vacuum diagrams, descriptions and troubleshooting .
There is one for a 1983 on Ebay.
Worth it's weight in gold if you are working on your own car.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hate replies like mine, but I'm doing it anyway. I would gladly post photos of my 83, but he is in the shop and I don't have access. But if I'm lucky enough to get it back by the end of this week and you still need photos, I will post them up.
EagleSix,
Appreciate the note & offer. I will take you up on those pics when you get your '83 back from the shop.
Thanks,
Gabe

·
Registered
253 Posts
Glad you got the manual. You will find yourself using it a bunch if you do your own work. A lot of good info in it.
If you have any questions or need another picture let me know. I have an 84 which is all stock. Should be pretty much the same as the 83.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
16 Posts
gabe, hope these are of some use to you. I'm not familiar with OEM cruise control, so I don't know if what I have is OEM or not. The guy I bought from went through it and I have a suspension he has made some changes. It does work, but like the vacuum cruise it isn't rock steady. If you need more, I will do my best to get you what you need, except for that part under the dash. In Photo 8L I have written a description of the A/B/C arrows. Keep in mind I am mechanically inclined from a ******* background. Which means I am positive I know the cutting side of a hacksaw, it's the edge with them little teeth that gut into your skin when the bland slips off a pipe! I am also quite capable of twisting off a nut applying too much pressure when tightening when I fail to check the tor1ue specs!!! With that said let me know if I can be of any more help.

Photo 1

Photo 2

Photo 3

Photo 4

Photo 5

Photo 6

Photo 7

Photo 8

Photo 8L. The 'A' hose runs to the gizmo that hold pressure on the throttle, 'C' hose runs to intake manifold vacuum. the 'B' hose is mysterious to me, the wiring that is taped to it run through the firewall and I have no idea where it goes after that.

Photo 9

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Eagle 6,
Thanks for all of the pics. Much appreciated. If you could take one of the brake pedal switch/s I'd appreciate it.
Gabe

·
Registered
16 Posts
Gabe, no can do, I'm not physically fit enough to remove the cover. Toke a few shots in the blind, but all I get is the shroud cover. Sorry I cannot help with this one.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No worries. Thanks again for the ones you've posted!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts