El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just accepted a job offer in Plano and we'll be packing up and headed to Texas in six weeks or so. The Classic Auto Air AC kit is being ordered for the 71 as we speak.

Looking forward to meeting up with some locals when I get there and, also, no more C.A.R.B!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Welcome! It IS a big adjustment; keep an open mind.

A Plano joke: There are only two sports in Plano--football, and summer football.

Unfortunately for you, that is the more expensive end of the Metroplex.

When will you be in? You'll want to take your '71 to the GoodGuys show the first weekend in October. That is an awesome show! And you'll get to take the car around the track, if you want to, Saturday night.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Donny lives in/near Plano----might want to look him up when you arrive.
He would be what I would call the DFW ECC ambassador

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
Yahooooo! A new TEXAN!! :texas:
Good luck with your new job, you're going to love it here! (Get that a/c working though!) :poke:

·
Premium Member
12,550 Posts
Oh right, look forward to meeting you. Plano is close enough I can leave black marks from my house to yours!!!
Welcome to TEXAS!!!:texas:
Donny

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Yes Donny can leave black marks from his house to yours, but what he forgot to tell you is he will have to paint them with a brush.
Welcome to Texas.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Yes Donny can leave black marks from his house to yours, but what he forgot to tell you is he will have to paint them with a brush.
Welcome to Texas.
GREATEST COMMENT EVER!!!!!!!:You_Rock::nanawrench:

·
Venerated Member RIP
4,461 Posts
Welcome to Texas.
You know you'll have to change your name to bigbaggie.:poke:
This is Texas after all.:texas:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What a warm welcome! Thank you everyone—from afar the Texas contingent seems like the most vocal and active one, quite befitting the great state itself. My wife's originally from Houston and I've always had a blast whenever i've drove through Texas whether it's Dallas, Fort Worth, Austin, Houston, San Antonio (with the exception of maybe Beaumont) so we're looking forward to the move…

I'm a little nervous about meeting a legendary wheeler and dealer like Done Deal Donny as i'm afraid i'll walk away with none of my pink slips in hand :)

And Centex396, i hate to admit it but "lilbaggie" is actually named after my cat who himself was named after Houston Astro great Jeff Bagwell, so the real "big" Baggy is already in Texas!

Will keep you guys posted on move in date—both Elcos will be shipped in fully covered car transport style and would love to know when you guys are planning another the next local get together…

·
Premium Member
12,550 Posts
Oh come on man, I'll fly out there and drive that 71 back here for you, I'd treat it like I'd treat my own!!!!:poke:
And yes, get ready to dump that California smog crap in the river!!!!:nanawrench:
Donny

·
Premium Member
12,550 Posts
Welcome to Texas.
O.k. that was very, very wrong. Funny as could be but very very wrong!!!
Got me. (now where's my paint brush!!):poke:
Donny

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Oh come on man, I'll fly out there and drive that 71 back here for you, I'd treat it like I'd treat my own!!!!:poke:
And yes, get ready to dump that California smog crap in the river!!!!:nanawrench:
Donny
Fly me out with DDD and I'll drive the '87 back!:texas::beer:

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,617 Posts
Welcome to the free world, baggie! :nanawrench:

Looking forward to meeting you soon! :texas:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks rushgator, we're looking forward to a more rational amount of regulation and government intrusion.

malaka1, glad to hear it. We've heard both sides of the story—some lifelong Californians who left and never looked back and some who wished they hadn't.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
You'll have to get the T shirt or bumper sticker that's fairly common here: "I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could."

Colorado native, here. My home state has been Californicated.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts