El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
I have had them in my Elkie for a year so far, the only problem I had was with an air line. It got pinched at the bottom of the bag where it enters the spring through the perch. Other than that no problems. When you run the air lines try to leave a loop of line somewhere on the run so you'll have a little to play with if they get cut down near the axle.
I'm a carpenter and use my truck for work. I frequently have heavy loads in the bed, they work well for me.
Ang.

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
man 396 i dont know,, loooks like some inferior plasic used there . i would just throw it the junk pile:poke::poke:, no really those look nice good luck with the project:beer:

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,767 Posts
I had no problem with mine !! They even help with racing ! I put about 5 more pounds in the right bag to help in the hookup on the starting line ! (I use two air valves) I have another set to put on my 87 ! KYB shocks & these are a great ride ! :beer:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've used them for about 10 years on my '87, with an onboard compressor. I had to replace them this year because the rubber got old, cracked and leaked. 10 year service life isn't bad. They are great when you need to haul something heavy.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I have essentially the same thing on the front on my motorhome. Heck, I have the same sort of things on my tractor/trailer. You'd be surprised how thin a bag is that can support 9,000 pounds each.

·
Premium Member
3,167 Posts
We used to install AirLift products on RV applications and they make a a superior product . I have a set for my 86 El but haven't installed them yet.I may not need them since I don't use my El for hauling or towing heavy loads. Great product,install with confidence !! WP

·
Super Moderator
4,363 Posts
I had no problem with mine !! They even help with racing ! I put about 5 more pounds in the right bag to help in the hookup on the starting line ! (I use two air valves)
Same here, I've had them on Gumby since 2001. Even after sitting parked for six years they are still holding air. Definitely improved hookup and ride.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I've had the bags on my Elky for eight years with no problems. The only time I have to add air is on the rare occasion I have to haul something large from Home Depot.

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,536 Posts
I've had them on my '86 for about 6 years now with no problems. I also installed a set on my GMC Yukon for towing, and they have been great. They're a lot more durable than they look.

·
Registered
691 Posts
airlift 1000

Aren't those for a Camaro???Which is the correct part number for 85 Elky??Summit has 2...One is like $10 or $15 more than the other...Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts