El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, I live in southern california where the beach cities are and the weather here is weird so when I get my car up and running through the streets I will always have my window down even though mine works perfectly fine I just do not like air conditioners at all. It makes my head hurt and I really hate when people use a/c in their cars haha.

My question is, can I get rid of the a/c under the hood? and how do I go about doing that and what do I need? Any help would be great.

I have a 1976 el camino so if you have one too and got rid of yours I would appreciate the help!

·
Registered
388 Posts
If your A/C 'works perfectly' but you don't like it, just don't use it. It's a selling point if you ever decide to get rid of the car. Much more so than 'deleted' A/C would be. I don't know of too many people that want to remove a functional A/C system. Especially in Southern California. :???:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If your A/C 'works perfectly' but you don't like it, just don't use it. It's a selling point if you ever decide to get rid of the car. Much more so than 'deleted' A/C would be. I don't know of too many people that want to remove a functional A/C system. Especially in Southern California. :???:
hmm well I did think about it over night and I guess you're right man :) and now I wont have to spend money on getting rid of it.
who knows maybe my girlfriend might want a/c sometime eh?

and i will never sell this car :)< i've heard too many people regret selling their classics too many times and I don't want to be that guy haha.

·
Registered
388 Posts
.......and i will never sell this car :)< i've heard too many people regret selling their classics too many times and I don't want to be that guy haha.
I notice in your profile that you're 21. I'm 63. I don't know how many times in my life that I've said that about a car. My 67 GTO, my 70 240Z, my 68 Camaro, my, 62 Impala SS........the list goes on. Can't keep the all and they don't last forever.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I notice in your profile that you're 21. I'm 63. I don't know how many times in my life that I've said that about a car. My 67 GTO, my 70 240Z, my 68 Camaro, my, 62 Impala SS........the list goes on. Can't keep the all and they don't last forever.
You're right it won't last forever but I won't sell it so the only reason i'll get rid of it is if it's been wrecked and the cost of repairs is too high and I have to junk it ):

but I mean I can buy another el camino :D

·
Registered
333 Posts
I'm a bit late for this meeting, but I would never remove the AC option from my rides. I think they make the Elco look
Salvaged. also this is my 3rd Elco in 20 years owned an 84, 85 and now 87 Love these rides I'm 45 also in Socal - Port City BTW-Cheers

·
Registered
257 Posts
Shadow, im 32. when i was 15 i removed the AC along with my bench seats... Highly recommend you leave the AC! i just spend 3000 installing a new AC (long story i got screwed cause i didnt want to mess with it). AC is back in and its still not "perfect" like i wanted it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts