El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hey Guys i've got a question. I've got a 1987 El Camino, and i'd like to make it a low-rider with some airbag suspension on all 4 wheels. I cant' say that i know too much about suspensions. I guess what im asking is what should i look for. Like what are some good sites, brands, etc. Thnx

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well looks like i be needing some money for air suspension. would it be possible to just cut my springs to lower it til i get air-ride? how exactly would i go about doing that would ya think. thnx again.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well thnx guys for the tips. ill have to check into that. how hard do you think they would be to install(those belltech front and rears)? thnx again

·
Banned
881 Posts
Rear springs are easy to do in under an hour. Spindles may take an hour apiece barring any unforseen complications (like finding a bent OEM upper ball joint that you have to grind the rivets out of in order to change it)

A new front end alignment is necessary too.

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alright thnx. and those bell tech springs those are permenant there is no way of adjusting them? thnx again

·
Registered
3 Posts
airbag ?'s

if ur looking for a good fast setup, go with a 6 gallon tank a viair compressor , 1/2" lines all around!! no reducing!! 1/2" parker gold valves rated for 300psi an adjustable psi switch 75 - 400psi and slam specialties airbags, and also quick fingers. and whatver u want to add on. 8) 8)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts