El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1969 Chevy el Camino
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a 1968-1972 El Camino. Needs air conditioning, no rust, low mileage or rebuilt. $25,000ish or less and I have cash. I am not looking for a show car, numbers matching, all original, etc. I am not a mechanic or capable of restoring a car although I wish I had those skills. I do want a car that is mechanically sound, has no issues and can be driven on a somewhat normal basis. Restored, rebuilt, replica parts, more modern features are all fine. I just want a cool car I can drive that looks and runs good. Auto or manual, 350 engine is fine but if it's bigger, that's OK too. Doesn't have to be an SS but if it is or is made to look like one, that'll do. You can tell me what kind of transmission, rear, big block small block, Edelbrock this and Hurst that but I really don't know what it all means other than looking it up like anyone else can. I have been looking at various websites for 2 years while I've been saving but am a little wary of dealers, private sellers and auctions with my limited knowledge. I just don't want to get ripped off. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I'll keep my eyes open. Its good to ask around. I was having dinner with a co volunteer and we were talking cars. He asked me if anybody was looking for a nice 69 el camino, I said ME!!! Turns out it was a real SS396 with a 1977 454 with only 2000 miles on it. New TH400 and new paint, it needed an interior, he was asking 12 but I could get him down to 11. I was waiting to see the car and when he pulled in with this beautiful dark blue 69 SS396 elco I forgot about 11 and couldn't get the 12 out of my pocket fast enough.. I out a new interior in it along with a modern suspension and I've never been happier..
Stick with the 68-72 series. I think it was the best. Mine handles like a go cart with that massive frame under it, that only came with the el Camino and the Pontiac Grand Prix.. I also love how quiet the interior is, the sedan doors keep the windows nice a quiet...

Make sure you buy the car you really want, don't give in. When you cant get the money out of your pocket fast enough to buy it, you have the right car..

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am looking for a 1968-1972 El Camino. Needs air conditioning, no rust, low mileage or rebuilt. $25,000ish or less and I have cash. I am not looking for a show car, numbers matching, all original, etc. I am not a mechanic or capable of restoring a car although I wish I had those skills. I do want a car that is mechanically sound, has no issues and can be driven on a somewhat normal basis. Restored, rebuilt, replica parts, more modern features are all fine. I just want a cool car I can drive that looks and runs good. Auto or manual, 350 engine is fine but if it's bigger, that's OK too. Doesn't have to be an SS but if it is or is made to look like one, that'll do. You can tell me what kind of transmission, rear, big block small block, Edelbrock this and Hurst that but I really don't know what it all means other than looking it up like anyone else can. I have been looking at various websites for 2 years while I've been saving but am a little wary of dealers, private sellers and auctions with my limited knowledge. I just don't want to get ripped off. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a 68 in prime condition matador red.
It's a 396 big block automatic.
Has air conditioning.
I would need a bit more than you mention.
If your interested let me know.
Cheers!
Tom Miller

·
Registered
1969 Chevy el Camino
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Right now, that's too high but I am still saving. If you still have it in the fall, I may be interested.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Probably will still have it because I'm not really in a hurry to sell it. I would like to drive it a bit this summer.

Just want it to go to a good home. :}

Check it out in my profile. Many many hours spent getting the bed stripped of the black coating and painted the original color that matches the body. Why people coat the bed is beyond me!!

If you buy it you would have one of the nicest and rarest El Caminos that exist.

Cheers!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a very nice 1969 elcamino that just needs paint to finish it. It has the original 350 engine with factory A/C. Brakes, suspension, fuel system and electrical system have all been replaced. Brand new 308 posi gears in the differential. Brand new headers and exhaust. Interior has been upgraded with new carpet, Classic Car Audio radio with blue tooth phone, new dash bezel and a factory style tach was installed in the clock delete hole. New SS wooden steering wheel. The front wheels are the original rally wheels while the rears have been upgraded to 8 in width to accommodate wider tires. Hats and rings are new as well. I have boxes of new trim parts that I have been waiting to install after new paint. New SS hood. I am asking $12,500 for the car complete with all the parts. This car is a reliable and fun daily driver for me. The car was originally a California car and now lives in Arizona. Contact me at [email protected] if you are interested and want any more details.
Spam7226

·
Registered
1969 Chevy el Camino
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Probably will still have it because I'm not really in a hurry to sell it. I would like to drive it a bit this summer.

Just want it to go to a good home. :}

Check it out in my profile. Many many hours spent getting the bed stripped of the black coating and painted the original color that matches the body. Why people coat the bed is beyond me!!

If you buy it you would have one of the nicest and rarest El Caminos that exist.

Cheers!
Somehow I can't see anything. I clicked on everything and did not see any pictures or other information.

·
Registered
40 Posts

·
Deputy Director Region 3 NJ Participating Member
2,095 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
irocket, I just finished a full resto mod on my 1972 elkie. It is new. 420 miles to date, and has too many features to list in this reply to email me at [email protected] for all details and photos. Price is within your budget. New bumper to bumper. Not a show car, but pretty darn close!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts