El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was trying to get my AC operational after my LS swap. My heater box had mice nesting in it for about 20 years and the evaporator was ruined by the mice. The replacement evaporators for the 72's are in the $300 price range. I found that an evaporator for a 1994 S10 Blazer had the correct orientation of the pipe entering and leaving, was the same width and height but was 5/8" less in depth. It was also $51 from Rock Auto. I gambled on it and it fit. I did put something in to fill the extra 3/4". I did eliminate the POA valve and the expansion valve and am using an orifice tube.

I used an accumulator for a 1984 C10 pickup and the clutch cycling switch for the same truck.

I hope this helps someone else.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Great work around. Would you happen to have the part number from Rock Auto?
I looked it up ans saw something about quick disconnect fittings? Did your new part work with the original hoses? Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FOUR SEASONS 54520 {#3050414, 3091396, 52457451} Info
New Evaporator

I did a LS swap and used the truck compressor and a universal condenser so all my lines were custom made lines. I bought the tool to make the line and the fittings.

I hope this helps you. It worked well for me. A complete AC using all new parts cost me about $370 not counting the tool to make the lines.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am taking notes! The A/C and heater in my 72 is not working and I just can't seem to cough up $1500 for Vintage Air!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts